ADVANCED CONTROL SYSTEMS JNTU previous years question papers
ADVANCED CONTROL SYSTEMS
(Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Suppose if the system equations are known in Jordan form how do you test the properties of observability? Explain using a state model. 
2. State stability in the sense of Lyapunov. Explain in terms of an example. 
3. (a) Explain the method of determining of transformation matrix for controllability.
(b) Prove that if the n-dimensional linear time-invariant single-input system is controllable, then it can be transformed, by an equivalence transformation, into the controllable companion form. [8+8]
4. (a) Discuss the nature of information about the plant supplied to the controller?
(b) Write short notes on Design of optimum controllers? [10+6]
5. Illustrate with an example the problem with terminal time t1freeandx(t1)fixed 
6. Derive the recurrence relation required to be solved in the dynamic programming problem of a multiple decision process in direct time. 
7. (a) Explain the popular intentional nonlinear elements and their functionalities.
(b) Derive the Describe function for Saturation nonlinearity. [6+10]
8. Draw a phase-plane portrait of the following system: 
¨x + ? x + |x| = 0