ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS JNTU previous years question papers
ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Instrumentation Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering and Electronics &
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) What are Artificial neural networks? What are their characteristics?
(b) Explain the historical development of Artificial neural networks? 
2. What are the basic learning laws? Explain the weight updation rules in each learning law. 
3. (a) Discuss adaptive filtering technique in single layer perceptron with its algorithms and convergence concept.
(b) Write about the working of LMS Algorithm with a numerical example. Assume suitable input and weight matrix. [8+8]
4. Draw and explain architectural graph of a multi layer perceptron with two hidden layers. 
5. State and explain the Ex-OR problem? Also explain how to overcome it. 
6. Write solution of XOR problem using Radial Basis Function network. 
7. (a) What is adaptive vector quantization? What is ‘learning vector quantization’?
(b) Explain the difference between pattern clustering and feature mapping.[10+6]
8. How can an Artificial Neural Network be applied in business? Give few applications.