EMBEDDED SYSTEMS JNTU previous years question papers
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
1. Write short note on the following parts of embedded systems:
c) Operating systems
d) Programming Languages. [4+4+4+4]
2. Explain the terms 'set up time', 'Hold time', 'Access time', and 'Settling time', with the help of a timing diagram. [4+4+4+4]
3.a) What is shared-data problem in an embedded system? Explain with an example.
b) Explain the following:
i) Interrupt handler
ii) Interrupt vector table. [8+8]
4. Explain the problems introduced by semaphores and suggest possible solutions to those problems. 
5.a) Discuss various methods adopted to reduce power consumption in embedded applications.
b) Explain the design details of an embedded system with some specific example. [8+8]
6.a) Compare various methods of inter task communication.
b) What are events? Explain the role of events in RTOS. [8+8]
7. Explain different methods of getting software in to target system. 
8. Describe the requirements of the following embedded applications with an example:
a) A protocol converter system
b) An IP phone.