MICROPROCESSORS AND MICRO CONTROLLERS JNTU previous years question papers
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Discuss the register organization of 8086 processor.
(b) Describe the function of 8086 instruction queue. How does the queue speed up the processing?[10+6]
2. Write an 8086 Assembler program to perform the addition of two matrices. The matrices are stored
in the form of lists(Row wise). State the result of the addition in third list. 
3. Interface an 8X8 key board using two 8255 ports and write a program to read key closure. 
4. (a) Explain the bus structure of 8086 system
(b) Explain the differences between memory and I/O interfacing. [8+8]
5. (a) Discuss the serial data transmission standards and their specifications.
(b) Draw the block diagram of 8251 and explain about each block. [6+10]
6. (a) Draw the oscillator circuit and also draw the 8051 timing diagram.
(b) Discuss in detail about parallel I/O ports in 8051 micro controller and explain how these ports are accessible for specific applications. [8+8]
7. (a) Give the sequence of events that takes place when the interrupt occurs in 8051.
(b) Draw the bit formats of IE and IP registers of 8051? [8+8]
8. (a) Explain the interfacing of external data memory to 8051 using 74LS573 latch with a neat diagram and draw the waveforms.
(b) Draw the pin diagram of 74LS573 latch and explain how you can demultiplex the address and data bus using this latch. [10+6]