PULSE AND DIGITAL CIRCUITS JNTU previous years question papers
Time: 3 hours Max. Marks.80
Answer any Five questions
All questions carry equal marks
1. a. Derive the expression for rise-time of pulse waveform after passing through low-pass RC circuit. 
b. Draw and Explain the response of RLC circuit for step input. 
2. a. Explain the operation of positive clamper circuit using diode. 
b. State and prove clamping circuit theorem with relevant circuit and waveforms. 
3.a. Explain how transistor acts as switch? Draw base and collector waveforms and indicate all the time intervals. 
b. Design the Transistor switch [ Inverter] for the following specifications. 
Vin= ±3Vsquare wave, VCC=10V,IC=1mA, hFE=50.Assume Si transistor.
4. a. Design the Astable Multivibrator to generate 5 KHz square wave.
The supply voltag VCC=10V, IC[sat]=10mA hFE=50 and assume Si transistors. 
b. Explain the operation of Schmitt trigger wit h circuit diagram and
and waveforms. Define UTP and LTP. 
5. a. Define the terms slope error, displacement error and transmission error of time-base signal and derive the relation among them. 
b. With the circuit diagram explain current time base generator.
6. a. What is synchronization? Why it is necessary in wave form generators. 
b. Explain Synchronization using Monostable symmetrical signals. 
7. a. What are the applications of sampling gates. 
b. Explain unidirectional and bidirectional sampling gates. 
8. a. Draw the circuit of 3-input OR gate using diodes and resistors and explain with truth table. 
b. Draw the circuit diagram of NAND gate using DTL logic and explain.