SOFTWARE ENGINEERING JNTU previous years question papers
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Discuss various management myths and realities.
(b) Elaborate on software crisis. [8+8]
2. (a) What is water fall model? How is it different from other engineering process models?
(b) Explain various types of evolutionary development. [5+5+6]
3. Using your own knowledge of how an ATM is used, develop a set of use-cases that could be used to derive the requirements for an ATM system. 
4. (a) Illustrate about component level design elements in detail.
(b) What is deployment diagram? Draw a deployment diagram for Safe Home system in UML. [6+4+6]
5. (a) Explain how human perception, and skill level will have influence in user interface design.
(b) State and explain the generic tasks that always performed in user interface design. [8+8]
6. (a) What is meant by Validation testing? Discuss the validation test criteria.
(b) Explain clearly the Alpha and Beta testing.
(c) What is meant by configuration review? Discuss its need. [6+6+4]
7. (a) How should we use metrics during the project itself?
(b) Discuss the direct and indirect measures of software process and product.[8+8]
8. (a) The Mean-Time-Between-Failure(MTBF)concept for software is open to criticism. Write few reasons for it.
(b) Can a program be correct and still not be reliable? Explain your answer.[8+8]